Monday 2 November 2020

Smidge

Last Saturday Bernie and I went to view a little campervan for sale in Motueka. It's a Mitsubishi L300 owned by a guy who is selling his orchard and other bits and pieces to return to Germany. 

Parked in a paddock behind a barn sat the little camper. And I’m excited to announce - I'm now the proud new owner. I’ve named her ‘Smidge’.



 

Smidge’s interior needs a make-over, which will be a fun project for Bernie and I. This will also be the perfect opportunity to learn how to video so I can make some vlogs on our progress. I've been interested in learning how to create vlogs for awhile and now seems like the ideal time to learn. I'm determined to prove you can teach an old dog new tricks!



I've started this blog as a journal to record the progress and steps taken to transform Smidge. It'll also be a place to share adventures that Oakly, Boo and I have as we travel about.  

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Smidge looks delightful, and I look forward to following your fix-up journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. We are choosing Smidge's interior colours and I had no idea there would be so many different shades of the one colour. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Well done Katrina. Fun learning times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP. Can't wait to get her looking ship-shape on the inside so I can have my first trip away.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your awesome find and new adventures to come. We did a little L300 up a couple of years ago, enjoyed seeing its transformation from shabby to chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Lots to think about when making decisions on how the interior will look when finished. Thank goodness for 'Pinterest' and 'You Tube' as there're lots of ideas out there.

      Delete